Alright ladies…we know you’re ready for a girl’s weekend! Door County is the perfect place to get in some relaxing time, do some sightseeing and shopping, and try some great food and local sips.
We have a great place to call home base, so you pick the dates, call your friends and let us plan your weekend getaway!
Early afternoon – Check into your suite at Bay Shore Inn overlooking beautiful Sturgeon Bay.
4pm – Relax by our beautiful outdoor pool or take a dip in the Bay from our private beach.
6pm – Head to dinner at the Mill Supper Club. It’s only a couple minutes away and features a classic Wisconsin supper club menu.
After dinner – Check out one of Door County’s unique breweries to end the night.
Good morning – Start your morning out with a coffee on your balcony overlooking the Bay.
10am – See some sights! Choose an option that works best for your group.
- Take a walk in Potawatomi State Park. The 1,225-acre state park is home to the eastern edge of the Ice Age Trail, and features rolling hills, groomed trails and scenic bluffs.
- Visit some historic lighthouses. Door County has a rich maritime history, and the best way to learn about that history and see the beauty of the Door Peninsula is from the top of one of those beautiful lighthouses.
- The arts in Door County are inspired! Check out an art museum or visit some of the many artists that have their studio here on the peninsula.
Lunchtime – Check out Bluefront Café in historic Sturgeon Bay. Enjoy this local favorite’s sandwiches, homemade sweets and organic coffee.
2pm – Options for tasting some local treats
- Door County Wine Trail…need we say more than that! The wine trail is comprised of eight local wineries, each one showcasing its own philosophy and winemaking passion.
- If you’re in town closer to the fall season, you have to head to one of the Door County orchards. Each orchard has its own unique flavor, style, and delicious, local produce offerings ripe for the picking!
Dinner – You’ll no doubt come across some amazing local restaurants in your travels, but if anyone in your group has an dietary restrictions, we know of some tasty local, gluten-free options.
8pm – Come back to Bay Shore Inn for a relaxing night by our firepit watching the sunset.
Morning – Before heading south back home, stop by any one of the amazing Door County beaches on your way!
There are so many amazing activities, restaurants and sights to see in Door County that we couldn’t include them all on our weekend itinerary. Here are a few other options if you want some more ideas or if you’re spending more time up here with us!
- Take a guided Segway tour of some of the best spots on the peninsula
- Hop on a trolley – there are lots of options for fun tours
- Check out an art and craft show
- Zip line in Sturgeon Bay or Baileys’ Harbor
- Get out on the water and kayak, take a boat tour or charter a fishing guide
- Do some shopping in Sturgeon Bay or the nearby communities of Egg Harbor and Fish Creek
- Need more ideas? Check out Sturgeon Bay Visitor Center’s itineraries!
And in between all of these adventures and local food, don’t forget that we have complimentary bikes and a sports court here at Bay Shore Inn. We can also help you get out on the water with kayaks, SUPs or rowboats. Don’t forget to do a little unwinding at our indoor or outdoor pools, and with our on-site massage therapist.